ElectrolyteWise is an oral electrolyte, B vitamin, and trace mineral supplement for horses. Its concentrated, low-sugar formula assists with electrolyte replacement therapy and maintenance of adequate hydration.
- Aids in the maintenance of optimal hydration year-round
- Is a concentrated, low-sugar formula that allows you and your veterinarian to easily adjust the amount offered to meet your horse’s specific needs, reducing the risk of over-supplementation
- Provides essential electrolytes in the proper ratios
- Replenishes B vitamins that play a key role in energy metabolism and the production of vital enzymes
- Supports trace mineral levels necessary for effective metabolic and muscle function
Electrolytes in the correct concentrations are critical to the maintenance of adequate hydration levels and a wide range of bodily functions.
Electrolyte ratio, which is the concentration of electrolytes compared to one another, is critical. Research indicates that sweat contains about twice as much sodium as potassium, and twice as much chloride as sodium. ElectrolyteWise is a properly balanced electrolyte that contains a 1:2:4 ratio of potassium, sodium, and chloride, respectively.
In addition to providing horses with the appropriate electrolytes, ElectrolyteWise supplies minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. These minerals are necessary to support and promote optimal muscle function, immune response, and energy conversion. They contribute on multiple levels to the overall wellbeing of your horse.
Niacin (B3) and Pantothenic acid (B5)
Supplying water-soluble B vitamins in conjunction with electrolytes can replenish your horse’s stock of vitamins before a deficiency occurs.
Vitamins B3 and B5 are involved in a number of metabolic functions at the cellular level. In addition, they are critical components of enzymes that manage a wide array of key energy-producing systems within the horse.