ElectrolyteWise is scientifically formulated to provide the electrolytes, trace minerals, and B vitamins commonly lost during periods of sweating. ElectrolyteWise stimulates the thirst response, which keeps your horse drinking and well hydrated.
- Aids in the maintenance of optimal hydration year-round
- Is a concentrated, low-sugar formula that allows you and your veterinarian to easily adjust the amount offered to meet your horse’s specific needs, reducing the risk of over-supplementation
- Provides essential electrolytes in the proper ratios
- Replenishes B vitamins that play a key role in energy metabolism and the production of vital enzymes
- Supports trace mineral levels necessary for effective metabolic and muscle function
When health issues arise, always seek the advice of a licensed veterinarian who can help you choose the correct course of action for your horse. Supplements are intended to maintain healthy systems and support recovery and healing. They are not intended to treat or cure illness or injury.
Veterinarians frequently recommend ElectrolyteWise when horses:
- Are being transported for any period of time
- Are exposed to an unusually stressful situation
- Are not drinking well enough to maintain a healthy level of hydration
- Exercise strenuously and sweat consistently, even during cool weather
- Have been ill and need electrolyte replacement therapy and rehydration
- Live in hot, humid climates where sweating occurs daily
- Sweat profusely during training or competition
- Work harder or longer than they are normally accustomed to
Nutrient analysis per recommended daily serving:
When horses work hard, or are exposed to stressful situations, the demand for specific electrolytes, trace minerals, and vitamins can exceed the available supplies. At times like this, additional nutrients must be provided to meet the increased demand.
Essential electrolytes are required in the proper concentrations and ratios.
Electrolytes in the correct concentrations are critical to the maintenance of adequate hydration levels and a wide range of bodily functions.
Electrolyte ratio, which is the concentration of electrolytes compared to one another, is critical. Research indicates that sweat contains about twice as much sodium as potassium, and twice as much chloride as sodium. ElectrolyteWise is a properly balanced electrolyte that contains a 1:2:4 ratio of potassium, sodium, and chloride, respectively.
In addition to providing horses with the appropriate electrolytes, ElectrolyteWise supplies minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. These minerals are necessary to support and promote optimal muscle function, immune response, and energy conversion. They contribute on multiple levels to the overall wellbeing of your horse.
Niacin (B3) and Pantothenic acid (B5)
Supplying water-soluble B vitamins in conjunction with electrolytes can replenish your horse’s stock of vitamins before a deficiency occurs.
Vitamins B3 and B5 are involved in a number of metabolic functions at the cellular level. In addition, they are critical components of enzymes that manage a wide array of key energy-producing systems within the horse.
Please note: Because of this product's size, a mandatory shipping fee applies, and it does not qualify for free shipping promotions.