Sustain III Cattle Boluses (sulfamethazine) are intended for oral administration to beef cattle and non-lactating dairy cattle. Indicated for the treatment of the following diseases when caused by one or more of the following pathogenic organisms sensitive to sulfamethazine:
- Bacterial pneumonia and Bovine Respiratory Disease complex (shipping fever complex) (Pasteurella spp.)
- Colibacillosis (bacterial scours) (E. coli)
- Necrotic pododermatitis (foot rot)
- Calf diphtheria (Fusobacterium necrophorum)
- Acute metritis (Streptococcus spp.)
Each bolus contains sulfamethazine (formulated in a sustained-release base) 495 grains (32.1 grams). Do not use in calves younger than 1 month, calves being fed an all-milk diet, or female dairy cattle 20 months and older. Meat withdrawal 12 days.
Note: Not for sale to CA residents.